Vermont Funders Network
PreK-16 Education System
On April 8, 2015, the Richard E. & Deborah L. Tarrant Foundation and the J. Warren & Lois McClure Foundation teamed up to bring Vermont Funders Network (VFN) members an all-star lineup of New England education leaders. Together, at three locations in Winooski, we discussed how philanthropy is positioned to strengthen outcomes, equity, and access in Vermont's K-16 education system.
This VFN gathering came at a critical time for an important issue. In addition to being one of our most significant and complex state investments, Vermont’s education system is increasingly intertwined with economic development, human services, healthcare, food systems, the arts, and other areas of philanthropic focus.
- Vermont Secretary of Education Rebecca Holcombe
- Nellie Mae Education Foundation Policy Director Charlie Toulmin and Senior Program Officer Jessica Spohn (PPT)
- VSAC President Scott Giles (PPT)
- CCV President Joyce Judy
- Alfond Scholarship Foundation President Colleen Quint (PPT)
- Green Mountain Imperative Summit: Call-to-Action Report
- Vermont Agency of Education: Flexible Pathways Bill
- Pathways to Promising Careers: Vermont's High-Pay, High-Demand Jobs
- Persistence and Patience: The Story of Philanthropy in Vermont